Friday, September 18, 2009

Mahabuba...HOPE PART II.

Mahabuba,
I am leaving gaps.
So many empty spaces, so many gaps…
So when I tell you about my life, it does not feel too full, too crowded.
And also just in case you walk in now, mid-sentence, mid dream, you find room to stay… and when I remember you light years from now,
I find that you belonged with the collection of memories and future projections.

I am leaving gaps.
Like that time when I only half laughed with that man,
or like when I only half came…

See, I am leaving all these spaces so when you come around,
I see,
I mean, I feel,
I mean, I know that you were what was missing.

I am only giving half stories. Only half participating.
It's almost too painful to be in this moment, here surrounded by a sea of smiles.
My half laughter is only completed in sighs.
I miss you.
Please come faster, come love.

I'm looking at this piece of art and I know,
I just know that I am missing half of it.
Come quickly and tilt my head, turn my heart, shift my perspective.
Everything is so easy to learn, to understand where there is love.
I need you to show me the part that I am missing.

Come quickly.

Lately, the sun is only half rising.
The sky is falling.
My heart is melting.
Did you forget me?

No comments: